Acumatica, a leading business solutions provider, has announced that Jeff Smits will join their leadership team as Chief Information Officer (CIO) as of September 11, 2023. Smits has over 20 years of experience in leading technology strategies at top-tier organizations, and he is expected to bring a fresh perspective to Acumatica’s technological endeavors.
According to LinkedIn, the new Acumatica CIO position duties include:
Overseeing all aspects of Acumatica’s foundational and business enabling technology. The CIO is responsible for the delivery and ongoing optimization of technology architecture, to deliver and enable the highest levels of productivity for employees, contractors, and partners globally. Leading and aligning technology with the organization goals and anticipating all the challenges of a Software as a Service company. In this role, you will drive the strategic IT plans to support the next stage of hyper-growth for the company. You will be accountable for all technology functions including strategy, cybersecurity, infrastructure & application support, SaaS operations, data security and compliance, budget, digital assets. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Some Of The CIO Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Engage, collaborate, and partner with executives to understand long and short-term business strategies and drive roadmaps that address these strategic business priorities.
- Creating business value through technology.
- Strategic planning of business growth objectives.
- Ensuring that a company’s employees have the most effective, efficient, and up-to-date tech to support everyday operations.
- Overseeing the development of customer service platforms.
- Designing and customizing technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience.
- Establishing IT policies, strategies, and standards.
- Information risk management.
- Developing and approving technology futures and budgets (eg: approving vendor negotiations and IT architecture; approving purchases of technological equipment and software and establishing partnerships with IT providers).
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage.
- Leading a global team of 30+ employees.
In his previous roles, Smits amplified the engineering team’s size by 400% at Prime Trust and worked at industry giants such as RingCentral, DocuSign, Salesforce, and PayPal.
In his new role at Acumatica, Smits will refine the company’s technological strategies. He will ensure that Acumatica continues to offer cutting-edge tools to its vast community of partners, customers, and creators. Given his background as a small business owner, Smits is uniquely equipped to cater to Acumatica’s clientele, focusing on empowering mid-market businesses to gain a stronghold in their respective domains.